Click on link to renew your books and access your account: My Account
Welcome to the Winterset Public Library website! We invite you to visit here often to discover what the Library has to offer.
Take a look at our calendar along the right-hand side of the screen for a listing of our upcoming programs.
Or click here for even more details on Library services and upcoming events:
Take a look at all of the great Library programs that are coming up this spring!
- 4/24/14 Book Discussion Group at 7:00pm - Will discuss The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- 4/24/14 "Dream Big Dreams" at 6-8:00 pm - youth are invited!! This year is the 150th anniversary of the birth of George Washington Carver, the world-renowned scientist and humanitarian who lived in Winterset. Young people of Madison County are learning about Carver's life and character by helping to create a "Dream Big Dreams" mural for Winterset's Carver Park. With the leadership of Carol Liechty and the help of the Winterset Art Center, our youth will design a clay tile for installation in the mural in 2014. On April 24, join us in the Library meeting room from 6-8:00 pm for Pizza 4 Prevention, sponsored by CRISP - you will not go hungry while designing your tile!
- 4/26/14 "Enjoy a Panini" with Lisa & Vinsen Alessandro 10:00 am in the Library Meeting Room. Annie is branching out by presenting guest chefs Lisa & Vinsen Alessandro from Anything Sweet and More Cafe. Once again, there will be yummy samples. This program is free and open to the public, but space is limited. Please, call the Library to register for the program.
- 5/3/14 "Teens with Tonja" will also "Dream Big Dreams" at 2-4:00 pm at the Library. Teens with Tonja will host this "Dream Big Dreams" ceramic mural tile making session. Please, call the Library 462-1731 to register.
- 5/10/14 Author Matthew Davenport presentation, 10-11:00 am. Iowa author, Matthew Davenport , will present his books and talk about his writings in the Library meeting room.
- 5/14/14 and 5/15/14 "George Leslie Stout's Grand-daughter to visit Winterset". Lieutenant commander George Stout, USNR, was born and raised in Winterset, Iowa. With the recent fame of the George Clooney movie, "The Monuments Men" we have learned that Stout was a major contributor in saving the cultural heritage of Europe and Japan during the devastation of World War II. Stout's grand-daughter will be visiting Winterset May 14-15, and we will soon be announcing a reception. Stay tuned as our plans develop.
- "History on the Hill" is on display at the Library. Come to the Library to see this interesting display.
Click on the "Events and Happenings" link, above, to learn more about these interesting programs and others or give us a call at the Library at 462-1731!!
Resource of the Week: Cake Pans & Candy Molds!!!
Did you know that the Library has cake pans and candy molds you can check out from the Library? We have a great variety - alot of different holiday cake pans, and also everything from Superman/Batman, Elmo, Cinderella, Easter Egg, Lamb, Rabbit, Megasaurus, Racecar, Spaceship, Cowboy, Thomas the Train, Pocahontas, and many many more!! We have 83 to choose from and several candy molds too. Come in before the next holiday or your next birthday party, and check it out. If you'd like, just give us a call and we can find out if we have the pan you need!
It's always fun to bake a cake!
Book Discussion Group - 4th Thursday, of month, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Coffee & Chat - every Friday from 9:00 - 10:00 am
Friends Meeting - 2nd Thursday, of the month, from 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Library Board of Trustees - 3rd Wednesday, of month, from 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Story Time - every Wednesday & Thursday at 10:30 for preschoolers ages 3 and up.
Teens with Tonja - every 1st Saturday from 2:30-4:00. Call the Library to sign up.
Toddler Tuesday - every Tuesday at 10:30 for ages 0-2.
Writer's Workshop - first Thursday, of the month, from 7:00 - 8:30 pm